Friday, 10 August 2012

Oh hey, pay day!

Despite only being paid £200 on my last pay day, I have actually been really good and managed to save £60 in my bank until this pay day. I can't tell you how long it has been since that happened. Anyway, the tax man hadn't done my student stuff right and he owed me £200 which he paid in today with the rest of my wages - I had done a lot of overtime this month so when I checked my bank this morning I was very happy to see £700 in my bank account! I have been saving it up because I finally want to get this flat done. Because this flat is probably 3 times the size of our last place, buying bits here and there has really taken quite a while!! But as I will be receiving my student loans next month too (we always use a little bit of it to spend on ourselves before it disappears on bills - seeing as we don't drink or party) I really wanted to get the majority of the things that I needed done this month so that I can add the finishing touch next month (probably a small TV for the bedroom). Thank you, Mr Tax man for allowing me to do this! So today I went out and bought new curtains, cushions, a chest of drawers and storage for my makeup (I have a lot of it and it needed to be sorted through properly). I still have some things to clear out and sort through and it'll probably take a week or 2 around work but I'm getting excited that soon it will be complete and I won't need to keep adding things. Everything will have a home, it will be neater and much more homely around here and most importantly I will take some photos and share them with you guys. I know there's a few of you who have been looking forward to seeing my new (ish) flat since I moved!

In other news, I have been considering starting swimming a couple of times a week but have been putting it off because I hate going to new places on my own. I don't know why but not knowing where things are or how things operate really make me very nervous. But today I decided that I need to stop putting it off. Next week I am going to go swimming and hopefully really enjoy myself and get a decent workout. I want to lose a bit more weight before uni starts again next month so I have 4-6 weeks to crack on and get it done. Wish me luck. 

3 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet moolah! Once in a while the Tax Man does something good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on saving! I'm obsessive about saving now, to the point where I feel sick considering going on a clothes spree (which I want to do right now!) good luck with the weight loss, don't make it too tough the slower it comes off the more likely it is you'l be able to easily keep it off:)

    Sarah
    http://lifeasalittlewallflower.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, ladies. Sarah - I used to be so good at saving until Chris and I got our own place and it all just disappeared. It's so hard saving with so many bills, I doubt it will last lol!

    ReplyDelete