Friday, 6 July 2012

Countdown to new bed: 4 nights

Can you tell that I can't wait? I am so over crawling up off the mattress on the floor every morning. I'm also over the huge mess of broken bed parts that's slowly engulfing the bedroom. It will be so nice to not have to get down on the floor to get into bed.

Tomorrow I am working a 10 hour shift instead of my usual 4. It seemed like such a good idea to get more money when I was asked last week but as it gets closer I dread it more and more. 4 hours drags at times so spending the best part of my day there I imagine is going to be awful. I keep telling myself to think of the money. I know that it will seem worthwhile once it's done and I can look forward to getting paid next week. I should have a tax refund come through as well which will be nice seeing as it's the pay right before my birthday. £135 extra will definitely be nice. I think I will use some of it for this "treat" that I spoke of a couple of posts ago. I think I have decided to buy myself a dressing table. In our old flat there was barely space for a double bed, a bedside table and a decent wardrobe, but our bedroom here is absolutely huge and there's so much space. I've decided that I'd really love a dressing table where I can put all my makeup and products and not have to worry about tidying them away once I've finished with them. If/when I get one I will upload a picture as it will definitely be my pride and joy.

Do you remember the pink scarf I started knitting for a friend ready for next Christmas? Well I've been picking it up and putting it down for months but it's almost finished. I'm so pleased that I decided to get crafty through the year for presents as I have so much wool floating around all in different colours I may as well use it and save money by not only giving a cheap/free but thoughtful present. I also found another bit of knitting that I had started and obviously forgot about. It's a lovely deep purple colour and the ball of wool is huge - it just so happened that another of my friends wore a jumper almost exactly the same colour as it the other day so I will be continuing that one once the pink one is completed. Hopefully I will have that done within the next few days and of course I will post a picture.

I have to get up early tomorrow so I will have to be off now - for those of you not working have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment