Saturday, 21 April 2012

Writing and general update

I have now moved home - hence how quiet I've been this week and I really am so, so, so, so tired. I literally can't put it into words how tired I am. Max has been keeping us up all night maowing because he wants to go outside. I finally gave in this morning at 5am as we were only getting 2-3 hours sleep a night and it's just not enough. Anyway, needless to say he is yet to come back. We went looking for him at our old address as it's only a 5 minute walk and our old neighbour told us that he had been around there today. The little idiot was sitting on the window sill at our old flat maowing hoping we would let him in - but he knew we wouldn't be there. Silly thing. Anyway we've been looking for him earlier and again just now at midnight and still haven't found him. I hope we find him soon I miss him and worry about him being out on his own when he isn't sure where abouts we are.

So basically, I'm tired and stressed about my cat. I'm also stressed about the amount of work I need to do by next week. My last two essays are to be handed in and then a few weeks after it's all about exams then done for the year! Blimey! After work tomorrow I intend to spend the rest of my weekend writing and getting it all done. It quite simply has to get done.

On the creative writing note, I posted about how much I was struggling to write anything I was happy with and I wasn't enjoying the writing at all. I should have mentioned it to him way before but I finally told Chris how useless I felt and how I wasn't happy with the script I was writing. I told him the exact reason why I was stressing about it - professional actors from my local theatre - The Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham - will on Monday be performing my play I have been writing in front of me and all my class mates. This is the most important piece of writing I've ever done and I was just so worried it wouldn't end up good enough. Chris reminded me that I should forget about the actors - I was too worried about writing something they would like and enjoy that I stopped writing for myself. I know that to a certain extent we always have to try to write for someone otherwise we would never get anywhere with our writing, but at the end of the day, if the writer isn't enjoying the work why would anyone else enjoy it? He told me to just write what I like and how I like - I'm a good writer after all, why wouldn't my work be good enough? I think I was worried because the sorts of plays I write tend to be, well odd. Different. I don't like anything to make much sense until a certain point when I spring something on the audience. Anyway I just sat down and wrote in a way that I would enjoy the play and was told by my lecturer afterwards that it is a very good play and she even said she can't wait to see how the actors perform it. Needless to say I am absolutely terrified. Really looking forward to it but so scared. Lets hope that it all goes well, this is going to be such a good addition to my writers' CV.

No comments:

Post a Comment