Friday, 9 March 2012

I'm not ignoring you!

I've not been regular with my posts at all this week! It has been a bit manic and Chris and I have been talking about things that have happened this week and we have some big decisions to make.

Basically, what happened was Chris brought his bike home for 2 nights - he usually keeps it at work as he only uses it when I can't give him a lift to work, and on the second night... it disappeared. Our neighbours (there's only 3 of them) in this building all keep their bikes in the communal hallway so we assumed Chris' would be OK there for a couple of nights. Nope, wrong. One of them must've stolen it over night. One of our neighbours has been burgled several times in the past few years with no sign of force of entry into the main front door of the building. It's starting to make us really nervous and we don't want to live in a building with thieves anymore. Especially as Chris' bike was pretty much brand new and worth £600.

So, we've been researching how much it would cost us to move and actually discovered that if we got a flat with bills included in the rental price, we could actually save money in the long run by spending the money now to move, so this is hopefully what we'll be doing. We have a couple of viewings lined up in the next few days to see bigger flats with better heating and facilities, the first of which is tomorrow at 1:30. And it's only down the road from here too. Wish us luck! Have a fabby weekend whatever you're doing!

6 comments:

  1. How disappointing and unnerving to think it's someone right in your building. I'd want to move too. Maybe this will end up being a blessing in disguise. Hope everything falls into place for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the case Jane, we hadn't looked into moving because we thought we couldn't afford a better place but not wanting to live here because of things being stolen made us look and realise we actually can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about the bike. Good luck with being able to move as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Sarah! It's shocking when you realise you can't even trust your own neighbours isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you have quite a story to tell there. I don't blame you a bit for getting out while the gettin's good. And great news on maybe saving a little monthly on expenses. ALWAYS a good thing.

    Thanks for stopping by on A Creative Spirit. It is MUCH appreciated since I have been MIA for a good part of the year. :o) Following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment Kim - I know you haven't been around for a while but I do LOVE your blog, I'm obsessed with anything creative and am always looking for creative inspiration and to learn new creative skills so your blog is a real gem for me! Thanks so much for following me! x

    ReplyDelete