Friday, 2 March 2012

Feeling Inspired

I think this really good mood the past couple of days have been down to a few things - firstly getting in the gym for an hour a day really is making me feel so much more awake and leaves me buzzing. Secondly, I got my essay done that I was really struggling with. It wasn't a hard essay as such I just really didn't care about what I was reviewing and that made it really hard for me. I have never felt this way about a piece of work before so it was a bit of a shock to me and getting it done and being pretty pleased with the finished product has left me really wanting to savour my weekend and do some cool things.

First on the list, I have struggled with crochet since forever and I finally found a tutorial on youtube that I understood and could follow and I finally learned how to do it! Kind of! It was a very messy attempt but now I know what I'm doing I'm going to give it another go and see if I can get it looking neater.


I have also been thinking of what I can get my Mum for Mother's day that won't cost too much money and I came up with an idea that I'm really happy with and if it turns out good I'll be making one for myself. I bought this lovely material and I plan on getting my mini sewing machine out (I bought it in the sale for only £10 and have been dying to use it since!) and turning it into a roll up knitting needle holder with pockets for individual pairs of knitting needles. Fingers crossed it will turn out nice.


Also, I am now on Pinterest which has some amazing ideas for crafting amongst loads of other cool stuff. It takes a while to get used to but once you get the hang of it it really is amazing! I think this will be the year of the handmade gifts! Follow me if you're on there and I'll follow you back. 

This weekend for me will be spent reading Paradise Lost and probably doing some creative writing work as well as practicing my messy crochet and trying to sew what could be a really nice gift as long as my sewing skills are still half as good as they used to be. Have a great weekend everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Like anything, it takes practice, practice... ! I think your project turned out really good considering you haven't crocheted for a while. I checked out your Pinterest board - very cute!! I love Pinterest, but I'm not on it yet - I heard you have to get an invite to get on. I would probably waste too much time on it anyways. I've been thinking about your prize the past few days ... I sure hope it gets there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's definitely a lot of time being wasted on pinterest haha! Yes I've been wondering about it too, I'm sure it must arrive soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your kind words. You have such a great point about getting back in control. That would really help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Pinterest. It does help out on fun crafting ideas and it is SOOOOO addicting. I too can waste way too much time on there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're very welcome my lovely! I really hope things start looking up for you starting right now. Throw yourself into what you love even if you don't feel like doing it - you'll soon find yourself picking up even just a little bit :) I think I sat on pinterest for about 4 hours the other night and I didn't even get bored haha! I had to literally tear myself away from it!

    ReplyDelete