Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Battle of the Bottles part 1

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet but Tesco have just started selling a new shampoo. I only noticed this as I finished up my shampoo/conditioner and face wash so needed to go and stock up. As a student I am always looking for cheaper products, particularly ones that do just as good a job as the more expensive ones. As I do all my shopping in Tesco anyway I always get my toiletries from there and that was when I actually picked up the bottle thinking that it was Herbal Essences, then as I went to put it into my basket I noticed that it had Tesco written on it. So how similar do the bottles look? Well they are not only the same shape but they also have each of the different colours matching the ones that Herbal Essences use. For example both the blue bottles provides a shampoo that targets dry hair. Lets have a look.




Obviously they're not exactly the same but they are incredibly similar. Close enough for me to buy the Tesco version thinking it was actually Herbal Essences if I was half asleep while shopping. I had a look at the price differences and I decided that the Tesco version was definitely worth a try. As I said, while I'm a student saving money on essentials like this makes me feel a lot better about buying extra little things that I don't need but would like. So what are the price differences? The Tesco My Senses version is being sold for £1.65 for 400ml while Herbal Essences is being sold for £3.32 for 400ml (prices are based on the blue bottle shampoo from Tesco) so there is a big difference in price. I have noticed that Herbal Essences have a special offer on at the moment and are selling theirs for £1.66 but this is just an offer and will only last a week or so. Perhaps the die hard Herbal Essences fans will stock up? 

So, over the next few days I will be washing and conditioning my hair with Tesco My Senses to see if it would be worth buying again as my go to product. I really hope it does well because I hate spending the best part of a tenner on essential hair products! I will post my findings towards the end of the week to make sure I use it enough times to give it a fair trial.

5 comments:

  1. These companies sure are sneaky! A few times over the years, I've also mistakenly purchased something that looked very close to what I was actually looking for. Perhaps it'll turn out to be a good choice in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sneaky sneaky!!! Close eye.

    Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comments. It does make you wonder how they get away with it?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been caught out a few times by things like this. The cheaper products usually work out fine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wilkinsons do a version of 'Herbal Essences' too and I actually prefer it! x

    ReplyDelete