Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Twitter

Twitter, for me at least, has become a really important part of life. I'm growing to love it more and more each day, even though I found it hard to get used to for ages! If you haven't had a go with it and you have something for people to look at via the internet then you should create an account and give it a go. Twitter not only allows me to advertise my blog and connect with like minded people (a lot of the time bloggers) it also helps other people find out who you are and what you do. And, even better, it has a handy little "retweet" button that people can press to show everyone who's following them what you have said. This reaches out to so many more people than you could find anywhere else, it's simply fabulous! What's more is you follow whoever you want, there's no accepting friends that you don't really want to talk to so it gets rid of anything unwanted on your feed (and I have a lot of unwanted rubbish from people I don't want to talk to on Facebook!) - you literally only see what you want to see. I've found some really lovely people via Twitter and in turn have found lovely blogs to add to my reading list.

On a personal note, following accounts such as Slimming World, Weight Watchers and Zest Magazine has really helped me to stay positive about trying to lose some weight and also has kept me really motivated. I'm also not much of a fan of watching the news (my Mum seems to watch it all the time and I've developed a hatred for it because of this!) but following the BBC news on Twitter allows me to get short snippets of what's going on in the world without needing to watch the TV or read through a whole newspaper. I'm really interested in Journalism and it seems Twitter is becoming the main source for breaking news and giving updates as stories unfold throughout the day. Of course it's also fun to follow your favourite celebrities and get gossip straight from the horses mouth!

If you haven't already checked it out then you should give it a go, and give it a while to let it sink in! It's very odd to start with but once you start networking it can turn into a bloggers best friend. My account is @sarahflight1 for those of you who are not already following me, see you there!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds great, but I will not be tweeting just yet... I already spend waaay too much time online checking my email accounts, blogging, surfing!

    ReplyDelete