Saturday, 4 February 2012

Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara

So, yesterday I tried out the Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara in Glam Black and I have to say, I love it! My lashes are rather short and so a good mascara really does me wonders. It makes me wonder why I didn't get a new one sooner but I guess that's the life of a student! I was quite skeptical as have tried out mascara's before and they didn't really do a lot but this one is definitely my new favourite.

The brush is curved which fits nicely into the natural shape of your eye and it only takes a few strokes to get a really nice even coverage all over. It goes right the way from each end of your eye and coats all of the lashes without any effort. If you're someone who doesn't like to get too dramatic with your lashes then this is very achievable with this mascara. I was really surprised that it gave a nice light coat of mascara and gave a really pretty daytime look. I like to build mine up a bit so put a couple of coats on. I did have to go out (to the vet!) so I didn't build it up too much to keep it casual but I could have easily kept building it up to make a really lovely, dramatic eye look. It made my lashes look really, really long and it lasted all day too. I kept checking at regular intervals and there was no crumbling down my face or smudging, it held in place all day and kept looking really fresh.

It did look better from a distance but here's my photos of before and after. If you're wondering what I have on my eyelids it's Bare Escentuals Prime Time eye shadow primer in the Brightening colour which I've linked here and a very light dusting of Bare Escentuals eyeshadow from a kit that I can't find on the internet to link to anywhere! I got it as a gift for Christmas so I'll see if I can track down where it came from. But it's a kit with a colour for every day of the week and the one I'm wearing is called "Thursday" which is a very dark dusty green/brown colour. Here's a link to the eye shadow kits here. I love BE and it's all I wear (apart from mascara as I prefer a more dramatic look) as it's very quick and easy to apply and get good results for a casual look or you can build them up to get a more night time look. When I put them on I know they will not budge all day, and although the prices are a little high, it's actually much cheaper for me to buy this brand as one small pot of foundation will last me a whole year. I imagine the shadows will last me forever!

I'll definitely be wearing this mascara all the time and would recommend it to anyone, although busywomen who work all day/long hours would probably benefit a lot from it because of it's staying power, and it really does look as good at the end of the day as it did when you put it on.




1 comment:

  1. It does amazing job! I definitely plan to buy this brand next time. I hope there is a non-waterproof choice, I like it when you can just wash off with your regular face cleanser. Thanks for being our guinea pig :)

    ReplyDelete