Friday, 20 January 2012

New Computer

So, Chris hasn't long finished building my new PC and it is officially amazing. I have no idea what the spec is but basically from what I gather it is pretty much invincible - The Old Republic is certainly a million times better on it than it was on my laptop - at least! So since I finished on the majority of my work and now only need to read small amounts for each lecture, I can have some relaxing and gaming time - hooray! I know for some it isn't the most exciting weekend plans but it is exactly what I need right now! I also plan on doing a bit of cooking, knitting and perhaps even baking some cupcakes, we'll see what I feel like when the time comes. I've just finished eating sweet potato and chili soup which we made together this time - Chris did most of it but I wanted to see how to make soup so that I can be making it for my lunches or getting a head start at making it while he's at work and we have a busy day. Eating homemade soup seems to be an amazing way to keep healthy; I don't think I've ever eaten so many vegetables before! I might even make my own roast dinner from scratch for the first time this weekend - we'll see! I haven't actually done any exercise this week yet but I will fix that tomorrow and Sunday - perhaps I'll go for a couple of extra long runs.

On the writing side of life, I now have to come up with an idea for a play for my next assignment and I'm really not sure what to do. I have a few ideas but sometime soon I'll have to pick one and get started. I always seem to leave it pretty late to decide so this time I want to get organised and get going as soon as possible. I really want to put as much effort as I can into this semester and see how many decent grades I can get under my belt ready for my exams and the excitement (and absolute fear) of my third and final year of Uni starting this September. Eeek! I cannot express in words how scared I am, I just want to finish with decent grades so bad! Lets hope that if I put the effort in I can turn these wishes into reality.

What are you doing this weekend? Anyone going to be relaxing like me?

3 comments:

  1. Best wishes with the play. I've found it helps to have a small journal for new projects, a place to jot down different ideas that I can bring together as I write the story. Happy weekend to you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most weekends around here are r&r - we're pretty boring I guess. Your soups sounds great - I wouldn't mind getting the recipe for it... hint, hint! When I first started blogging I remember proclaiming I wouldn't post recipes on MY blog, but that changed over time, lol! Good luck with the play :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies, Jane - I'll get a few recipes together (they're saved on Chris' phone at the mo) and do a post dedicated to soup soon :P

    ReplyDelete