Monday, 12 December 2011

Diet starts today!

Yep I'm going for it properly as of today. Today has been incredibly productive and it's not even midday yet. By 9am I had done all my housework, I then went to uni and printed off and handed in my assignment. Then I went to tesco and bought a shed load of healthy food and stuffed the fridge full of it. I'm now relaxing after breakfast sipping on some flavoured water chilling out before I start my workout on the kinect.

I have always been a bit weird when it comes to my weight and when I diet no amount of weight loss ever seems enough. This is because I'm naturally heavier than most women my height - with my boobs being so big they weigh an awful lot and even when I lose weight they don't get any smaller. Of course I know that really but when I look at the scales and it won't go past a certain weight, even though I feel good I still feel like it's never enough. So as of today my partner and I are trying a new little trick that he suggested. First thing this morning I got my scales out and stood on them while looking up at the ceiling while my partner looked at my weight. He has stored it on his computer in a secret little folder that I won't look in and every Monday morning we will do the same thing. The plan is that he will tell me how much weight I've lost on a weekly basis and overall and I will stop dieting when I actually feel good about myself instead of letting myself get obsessed with numbers. I hope this little tactic will work, I suppose we will see that in the weeks to come.

6 comments:

  1. Well done on starting your diet - I'm impressed you've done it so close to Christmas :-)

    I'm dieting too at the moment so maybe we can cheer each other on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I just read your post on 27/11 about SWTOR and WoW. I swear that post could have been written by me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah, thanks for stopping by and reading my blog! I don't even know why I'm starting so close to Christmas - I just finally got on the scales lol! Good luck with your diet too! I suppose it's better to get a head start a few weeks earlier than everyone else :P Are you a bit of a gamer too? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. May you attain your perfect weight.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is no coincidence that the first sound to diet is "die!" Good luck with your diet. Make it a lifestyle change, and it will be the most productive. You have a lovely blog, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for reading my blog and thanks for the lovely comments! x

    ReplyDelete